We offer a variety of guarantees for your new best friend.
When you buy a puppy from Puppies Today our relationship does not end with the delivery of your healthy puppy. While we do our absolute best to raise 100% healthy puppies the fact is that puppies are living creatures just like us and sometimes we can get ill. However, we take preventative measures to minimize common ailments in puppies. A puppy’s health depends on many factors such as diet, exercise, environment, genetics, and many other factors, but if something goes wrong we guarantee to try to make it right.
We may never be able to guarantee that nothing will happen to a puppy but we will always continue to strive and guarantee that we are doing our best to get you the puppy of your dreams happy and healthy. Our puppies are from professional hobby and licensed breeders and we’ve set strict requirements for our breeders.
Our breeders are required to have their puppies’ health checked by a licensed veterinarian, have all puppies with up to date vaccinations and proper deworming.
Additionally, we ask new puppy owners to take your new puppy to the vet within 3 days after receiving their puppy to ensure your puppy is healthy.
What You Are Required To Do
There is no better feeling than to deliver a cute furry bundle of joy to our customers. We want to keep you and your puppy happy by asking you to take a few precautionary measures to ensure your puppy is healthy and will live a long happy life.
Here’s what you should do:
- Take your puppy to the vet within 3 business days.
- After the exam makes sure to keep and maintain a copy of the exam or medical record. Not taking your puppy to the vet within 3 days after receiving your puppy may void the guarantee. We understand life happens and sometimes vet appointments are not sooner than 3 days. If this is the case all we ask is that you communicate with us so we can update your puppies information in our system. The exam must be done by a licensed vet.
- The puppy will come with up-to-date shots, so make sure you do not give an additional vaccine to your puppy within the first ten days unless otherwise instructed by your vet.
- You will need to keep proof of the healthcare and maintenance of your puppy, which would include vaccinations and exams so please keep these in your personal files.
- The puppy will arrive with appropriate shots and deworming.
It is the new owner’s responsibility to continue proper deworming and to take your puppy for monthly exams up to the age of 16 weeks or more as recommended by the vet.
The Exceptions To The Lifetime Guarantee
- We will not guarantee the personality of the puppy, any conformation, the size and weight, the color, the markings, or the breeding ability of the pup.
- Heart murmurs grades 1 or 2 pose no threat to your puppy and are not covered under this guarantee. These grades of murmurs are usually transient as your puppy is still a baby and its entire organism is still developing. We do cover hip dysplasia for one year.
- If you cannot show proof of your puppy’s regular veterinary care and or timely vaccinations this will void the guarantee.
- This guarantee will not cover spaying or neutering or undescended testes.
- This 12-year guarantee is a credit towards the purchase of another puppy